The Guns of Navarone is a novel by Alistair MacLean.
- Captain Keith Mallory - New Zealander with the Long Range Desert Group. An expert mountain climber nicknamed "The Human Fly."
- Captain James Jensen - Chief of Operations of the Subversive Operations Executive in Cairo.
- Lieutenant Andy Stevens - Royal Navy Reserve lieutenant.
- Squadron Leader Bill Torrance - An RAF pilot who led an ill-fated attempt to destroy the guns of Navarone by air.
- Corporal Dusty Miller - American explosives expert. Former RAF but transferred to the Long Range Desert Group.
- Petty Officer Telegraphist Casey Brown - Royal Navy engineer, formerly of the Special Boat Service.
- Andrea - A former lieutenant colonel in the Greek Army and a longtime friend of Mallory.
- Captain Briggs - British Army officer.
- Matthews - A British Army soldier serving under Captain Briggs.
- Nicolai - A laundry boy.
- Patrol Boat Lieutenant - Kriegsmarine officer in command of a German patrol boat.
- Louki - A Greek resistance fighter and former steward of Eugene Vlachos.
- Panayis - Louki's friend and fellow resistance fighter.
- Lieutenant Turzig - A German Heer officer.
- Captain Skoda - A German Heer officer. Turzig's superior.
- Commander Vincent Ryan - Royal Navy officer commanding the Sirdar.
- Lieutenant Beeston - Gunnery officer of the Sirdar.